Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy 2010!

The Sparrow-Finch-Polls are back! I was beginning to think that I'd wasted money on a whole big bag of thistle seed... we've gone through about 10 pounds of sunflower seeds and another 10 of corn for the jays, Canadian jays, grossbeaks and our huge family of hungry chickadees - but not a finch or a sparrow or a red poll have we seen - until this morning. A whole flock of hungry goldfinch arrived bright and early today and ... well, I'm glad the finch feeder was ready for them because they were more than ready for it!

We did have one unusual visitor over the weekend - I've seen them before, but not around here. When I turned on the porch light to let Major out for his bedtime walk I saw the reflection of eyes in the feeder - so I ran for the camera. It's a little hard to get a photo late at night in the dark - but here's a hungry little flying squirrel enjoying a free supper.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and that 2010 will be a great year for you and yours!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment