Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gorgeous weather in the BWCA!

I don't think this is the same snowshoe hare I saw just before Easter - surely they don't change color quite this quickly? This one was in our house yard this morning, his back is brown already but his belly and legs are still white. You can see why the white one was so nervous - this one really makes another "where's Waldo" puzzle to find, his brown back camoflauge is so good!

Speaking of our animal population, I saw Clipper, our flying squirrel again last night and ... if I thought she was getting fat before... wow! I didn't shine a light on her or try for a photo because I didn't want to scare her and I'm not sure how she managed to glide into the birdfeeder.

The beavers (alias our landscape architects) are back and trimming off poplar trees again. Mike cut a couple down up here by the house and "planted" them by our dock, maybe we can lure one up here to work on some of the house trees I'd like to have removed!
In the meantime, my indoor garden is doing great. I brought the plants up a couple weeks ago and they are leafing out and some are blooming already. We should have plenty of flowers for the resort this summer!
Now... hate to say it... but we could use some rain - everything would turn green!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers really look like spring.Makes me wish I had some. Marlys

    ReplyDelete