Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


2011 is starting out just like 2010 ended - more snow! Guess we're all getting the same kind of weather? You can just see "Mike the Snowman" behind the tree at the center of this photo, clearing out the walk from the house to the road with his snowblower. It took him about two hours to clear Rockwood Road from the Gunflint Trail to the parking area, the parking area above our house, and the walkway down to the house... I don't use the stairs so he hasn't cleared them yet. I'm not sure how much snow we got over the last two days but enough... I hear snowmobiles on the trail on the other side of the road today, haven't seen any on the lake yet but I'm sure they'll be by.

The birds are really hitting the feeders, the squirrels have built tunnels under the snow for ease of access (to any seed that hits the ground) and the little animals are also around hoping for hand outs - we have our "daily fox" visits looking for any stray leftovers anyone wants to put up by the garage. I'm ready for a little sunshine, I've laid out my boots and long johns for some winter hiking - I'm told the ski trails are in great shape!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment