Monday, July 18, 2011

Hot!

The temperature hit 100 degrees here in Kansas City today so I thought I’d call up to Rockwood to hear about a typical refreshing 74 degree Northwoods summer day. I quickly find out from both Mom and Dad that the temperature was over 90 there and that sleeping at the house – without air conditioning – is not anything they are looking forward to this evening. We’ll let them have a sympathy vote for one night; but, I don’t think a hot night in the suburb truly compares to one in the boundary waters.

We do however have central air here!

Has been awhile since a post but the news has been good. Mom is heading to Two Harbors for therapy twice a week and is making progress although I think the therapy of friends and visitors on the Gunflint Trail do more good than any therapist to date. There are definitely more words each and every day and our conversations are getting longer. I think she’s doing great and am very anxious for Mindy (my wife) and the boys and I to get up and visit next week for our family vacation. I know Mom is too, and I can tell she is practicing her drills to prepare for a week of grandson activity. What better therapy than her 4th and 6th grade grandsons?

I am hopeful to get the chance to make the next post with Mom from Rockwood Lodge as she is far more talented at this than I. At some point, I suspect Mike will change the password on me, particularly if I compare the BWCA to the suburbs again. I am confident though that anyone following this blog knows there is no comparison and that we all know where we would prefer to be in July and August.

Stay cool everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your mom is doing better! We get to visit in late August, and we CONSTANTLY think of how things are at Rockwood with Mike and Lin...

    ReplyDelete