Thursday, September 15, 2011

Live! From Rockwood Lodge


I just had the urge to type that since I am up here helping out.

What a great day today. Lin had her surgery this morning and the Dr.'s called it a success. She is recovering nicely, Mike is there and says she sounds better tonight than last night. We were very worried about the procedure and this is a huge relief. If she continues to recover well there is a chance they'll be home Friday. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers - they are felt.

Today is a beautiful day up here, I took pictures but can't find the USB cord to upload them to this computer. I've been watching the TV coverage of the Pagami Lake fire, but have yet to see any signs of the smoke since I have been here. Mike and Lin said we had a little the other day - but its been a beautiful scattered fluffy cloud kind of day, very pretty. There is no doubt this has been a big fire and we are very hopeful they get it snuffed soon. Access points are closed on the west side of the Gunflint Trail as of Wednesday to keep people safe, but we still have folks out in that area and they are not being forced back out. Meanwhile - new groups are gobbling up access points ono the east side of the Gunflint. We have no word yet how long the access points will continue to be closed. We get the same information anyone can get on the monnesota DNR wildfire page, but the Live view I can narrate right now is another beauty day at Rockwood.

I did get a jolt yesterday morning though when I arrived. Right when I reached Trail Center the snowflakes began to fall - then sleet - then bigger snowflakes. I took pictures of that too as you see here, although mostly to show off back home in Kansas City next week.

Let's hope the snow and sleet if it returns falls on the fire and ends that thing.

Later,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment