Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Roads and Writing Sessions




One of the questions that we are often asked about living at Rockwood Lodge is  " What is the Gunflint Trail road like in the wintertime?"  Our answer has been that the road is plowed and open just as soon as it stops snowing.  Yesterday while driving into town I finally realized that the answer actually depends on the type of car you are driving more that on the actual condition of the road. Since a picture is worth a thousand words I snapped a couple of shots that depict typical winter driving conditions. (The snow that most people has this past week missed us entirely.)

Since Lin had her stroke she has not been posting to the blog site or answering e-mails. Writing is difficult when you have trouble matching words to what you want to say. This week I started having her do a daily writing session. We are finally seeing some improvement in her writing. What do you think?  

"What shall I write about today? I could write about the wind going by the cabin, but it seems to have stopped now. I could write about the sunshine streaming into the room. ......

Christmas is coming. I wonder if he will come here? We're ready for him -- angels and all the trimmings are ready. On the wall there's a message to Christmas -- camels marching off towards Bethlehem......

I'm in a rut. All I can do is look out my window and write about what I see."

I guess that it is about time that she starts responding to e-mails.

                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment