Monday, April 29, 2013

Snow is Slowly Leaving

The snow comparison picture that I promised with my last blog posting shows a substantial drop in snow depth. We had three good days of melting over the weekend and things are actually better that what this picture reveals. The snow is gone from all of our roofs and yesterday I managed to drive my pickup down to the outfitting building. The lake ice/snow cover is changing to a dirty brown color as the runoff continues. Sunday I had to install a sump pump at our neighbors house to keep their basement from flooding.  

Some of the additional deliveries that I forgot to mention in the last blog posting include: some new beds, a sofa and some recliners from Slumberland, portage pads and paddles for the new canoes, sweatshirts and T shirts, and tackle and gift items for the Lodge Store. The busy spring season has started for us -- even when ice and snow still has a hold on us. 

April 29th


No comments:

Post a Comment