Monday, July 6, 2015

Star Tribune Feature - Fishing Report

An outdoor columnist for the Star Tribune, Dennis Anderson, recently visited Rockwood Lodge & Outfitters. During his stay, Joe took Dennis and another fishing friend of the Trail, Bob Nasby, out fishing for walleye on Swamp Lake and fly fishing on Poplar.

Dennis wrote an article about the experience and it ran in the Sunday Star Tribune, dated July 5. The article can be found here:

http://www.startribune.com/telling-a-tale-along-the-gunflint-trail/311648881/

The fishing reports coming in off Poplar and nearby lakes in the Boundary Waters have been excellent. Topwater action for smallmouth has been stunning, with many 18 and 19-inch fish being caught on Poplar.

And the summer is just getting started!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and reading your beautiful words. I thought I would leave my first comment but I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.
    Thesis writing service

    ReplyDelete