Monday, March 14, 2011

Winter baskets


I've had some friends ask how my winter art project is coming along, so thought I'd share this photo of this year's pine needle baskets (so far). It was a good year for needles - nice and long... the weather really makes a difference. Two years ago we had a lot of rain over the summer and the needles were the longest I've ever seen, last year wasn't as wet, but wetter than the dry year three years ago! I was able to find more small pine cones this year - I'm not sure why! Each basket takes from 10 to 30 hours to make, so it does keep my hands occupied and my mind wandering most of the winter! The needles and cones, of course, all come from around here, so they make great reminders of the BWCA and Rockwood!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment